Friday, November 21, 2008

Random thoughts...


That is a fairly old photo of me... i would say at least 3 years. But I saw it and thought it sort of pertained to the topic i am going to shortly rant about. I get in my own head a lot, and about the most useless crap sometimes. Today I was thinking:

Things I wonder about the FBI's list of "Ten Most Wanted Criminals":
When they catch a guy and he moves off the list, does number 11 automatically move up? And does he see it as a promotion? Does he call his criminal friends and say, "I made it Bruno. Im finally on the list!" ? How about when a new really dangerous guy comes along and they absolutely have to put him at the top of the list without delay? (Call it "Number 1 with a bullet," if you will.) Doesn't everyone else have to move down a notch? And doesnt one guy get dropped off? How do they decide which guy to drop? Is it automatically number 10? And how does he feel about that? Does he feel threatened? Does he feel maybe it should have been someone else? Has anyone who was ever demoted ever killed the new guy to gain his spot back?

One last thought: Does the FBI search harder for number 3 than they do 7? I would. Otherwise why have the numbers at all?

-When your toilet won't stop running, and you put your hand in the tank to fix the chain, dont you wonder, briefly, whether or not the water in the tank has already been in the toilet bowl?

-They say that rather than cursing the darkness, one should light a candle.
They don't mention anything about cursing a lack of candles.

-I typed the word "google" into google. Guess what came up? Everything.

-When i worked downtown by all the wedding chapels, i wondered how many eventual homicides have resulted from weddings preformed at the Happy wedding chapel.

-Personal ad I saw the other day.... no joke. "Hello im Henri. I am 55 years old and i am looking for someone who will leave me alone. Please respond. And then leave me alone."

-If no one knows when a person is going to die... how can we say he died prematurely?

-You know what you NEVER see anymore? A guy with a pencil behind his ear.

These are the thoughts that keep me from making any real progress in life. :0)

3 comments:

Claudine said...

Lindsey, I got quite a kick out of your blog. You make my afternoons quite interesting. Good luck tomorrow on your orientation. Love, Grams

Claudine said...

Where are you? Did you start work? Post something............just anything so I will know you're still kicking. Grams

More than said...

Lindsay it is fun to see your blog. You were the cutest little baby ever. I would love it when you would visit Cedar. brandon and I would steal you and play with you all day. once I took you to Top Spot and they had big wheels (ice cream ) so you were so cute you sat up in the chair and said I want a big tire please. we laughed for a long time. you prob. don't remember me but I always thought the word of you. Hillary